Thursday, November 4, 2010

Weight Issues

I have been struggling, in my mind, with the fact that I have not been losing weight. I am doing pretty much the same things that got me to 180 from 200. That took 3 months, but I haven't lost any weight for the last 3 months. However, this morning I was getting dressed and realized I could not find any pants to wear because most were too loose at the waist. A while back I started labeling my pant hangers with the sizes, how anal I know, starting at 36 and working down in 1" increments to 33. Now the 33s don't fit. So I'm thinking that with the increased weights I'm working out with I must be gaining mass and still losing fat. I imagine I might be losing marbling in the muscles or eliminating the fat covering the muscles, since I don't appear to be bulking up much. The message here is that it is so easy to get caught up in the whole weight thing, I get on the scale almost daily, rather than trust in what the Paleo diet is doing for my body. While I am still not content with my body image, as I don't look like Brad Pitt in fight club yet, things are still going in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment