Thursday, December 23, 2010

Holidays and the Issues Involved

Eating and drinking. It is such a big part of my Holiday memories that it creates all sorts of challenges for me. I spent the whole year avoiding cookies and the like rather effortlessly, but now I find it next to impossible to avoid. I am not even trying to justify it, which seems so unlike me. Drinking is even a bigger issue for me. I found myself drinking often and a lot since Thanksgiving. Finally, two weeks ago I came to grips with this and essentially quit all together. When I say essentially, I mean that I have had just one 3 times and quit. Unheard of for me. I put these two issues in the same post because I do think the not drinking part is one of the contributing factors to my eating. It is not uncommon to replace one habit with another. I guess if I eat a little unhealthy for another week it is better than forgetting what happened and not enjoying time with the family. So I guess I just did try to justify it! Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and Joyous Kwanzaa (always in that order).

No comments:

Post a Comment