Friday, September 10, 2010

Almost Barefoot Running

I have been trying to run exclusively barefoot, but woke up to 42° this morning. Looks like Fall has arrived in Michigan. So I put on my Vibram Five Fingers and headed out the door. One of my concerns, from what I read elsewhere, is that the Vibrams may not allow you to feel the forward landing that barefoot running forces you into. I think I have been barefooting long enough because I definitely had the proper technique. Instead of running two miles, today I did one mile as a warm up and then switched to 4 x 100m sprints. It felt great. It was cool to run in the dark and then have the sunrise start just as I was finishing! I also no longer run with my I-pod so that I can enjoy the sounds of nature. What a great way to start my Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment