Thursday, September 2, 2010

Barefoot Running

Put in my two miles of barefoot running at the track this morning. Following the Primal Blueprint logic I now only run 2-3 miles. I used to think that I had to put in the miles. It was an obsession. I often did not go for a run because I didn't have the 45 minutes to run 5 miles. Now I can go to the track run 2 miles or do some sprints and get back to the house in time to make breakfast and get ready for work. For those that think following this lifestyle is difficult have no idea how simple things can become. Of course, barefoot running alone is not nearly as much fun as going to a busy paved trail. Last time I was at Kensington Park I was acknowledged at least 10 times including two girls on a bike that had to slow down to get the lowdown. If that isn't motivation I don't know what is. I even put in an extra mile just to keep the fun alive. FUN, when was the last time you went for a run and said "that was fun". I know the chronic cardio drones are not.

No comments:

Post a Comment